Friday morning I got this gr8 news from my manager..
"Hey, I have a small project for you.. it's very new and different and none from Pune office has done it before"... "what is it Chad?"..
"It is the rollouts.. alignment rollouts.. each one of us picks a distt manager of the client and shows him the alignment.. U will have to basically show him his region in MAP s/w.. and keep him from requesting any changes in the alignment.."... "OK Chad.. and wat if he forces me to change the alignment?" ...
"Call one of us.. and we will sort it out!".. "So, I have to basically just show him the screen and ..." ..
"Yes, pretty much it.. u may ve to change some color here and there.. zoom in and out for display perfection..!.. and yes the roll outs are on Monday!"... "well.. interesting!!.. some challange finally!!"...
So in short, I had to learn these basic functionalities of MAP.. got the s/w installed by evening.. and decided to dedicate the weekend to MAP... The fear of screwing up this really dumb work was immense..
Friday eve I got back and ... had an awesome dinner.. talked with my gal back home.. sent a good mail to transfer watever knwledge i had of my prior project.. and crashed off..
Saturday was spent on movies, an unexpectedly long trip to the shopping mall.. had dinner at some restaraunt over there.. and nothing really happened for MAP!
Finally came the Sunday and .. some frnds were going to NY!! I decided to stay back.. had to learn the MAP!!.. and well I crashed off the entire day.. long talk with the dudette.. chat wid friends.. and guess what an hour long gymming !!..
and here I am bragging about the weekend wasted .. God save me tomorrow.. or may be I can still promise myself that I would indeed study MAP tonight.. [:p]..
The fear of screwing up this really dumb work is still immense..
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment